2 Mos. Down: The Year of No New Threads
March 1, 2008
February’s passed, but I may have fallen from grace this month. Or, at least, stumbled a little. The Value Village President’s Day 50% Off sale drew me like Axl Rose to snakeskin. Nothing new, per the original contract, but I did get some used goods from the Double V. Here’s the rundown, both visual and in-text:
- Tan tweed circa-’70s jacket: $5
- Silk sheath-dress with asymmetrical button placket, big-beautiful puff sleeves, and a stylized butterfly print: $3.50
- Teal cropped corduroy jacket: $3.50
- Teal waffle-knit shirt with white and gold Baroque print, behind Gulliver the cat: $3.50
- Two plastic-bead cream necklaces: $1, a wood bangle: $1.50, and (my high-roller item) a cream and gold Coro choker: $7.50
I also purchased a vintage maxi dress to refashion, which set me back $3.50. More on that project later.
So. Sum total of $29. Let’s hope March Madness doesn’t descend upon me, sartorially speaking.
Previously on The Year of No New Threads: