Do it yourself.
May 17, 2008
I’ve come across a ration of rad how-tos in the past week. These projects totally ring my bell; how about you? And, if you do do-it-yourself, lemme know.
- Silk screening made easy, via Wardrobe Refashion, via ThreadHeads
- Repeat pattern tutorial, candlesticks and plates–cum-cakestands, and fabric-festooned office supplies, all via Design*Sponge
- Buttoned up hair-tie how-to, via Bluelines
- Non-plastic sandwich wrap how-to, via The Small Object
- Blah magazine holders get a makeover, via two straight lines
- Not quite a how-to, but some great inspiration for a patchwork marmoleum floor, via Apartment Therapy
And, from me, a quick way to display cool cards and other flat memorabilia: binder clips! (Image above.) Simply set the card inside the arms — you can clip the bottom of the card for stability, if necessary — and presto! Instant, easy mini-art display. Rotate your cards when the mood strikes.