Seattle Small Business Shout-Out: ‘zaw
December 9, 2008
That’s an elision of Pizza and Raw, of course. ‘zaw, now with three locations in Seattle (South Lake Union, Ballard, and Cap Hill — only eight blocks from my house!), is a pizza place with eco-heart: they use seasonal, organic, and local ingredients in all of their eats. They support local wineries and breweries. And they deliver. By bike. They don’t bake the pies for you, but they sure make ’em up good.
Mr. Mans and I checked out our neighborhood ‘zaw last night. Holy-apricot-pizza-loving-moly! We’re talking hand-built, taste-sensation, thin-crust pizza that swooze-doozles. That’s not even a word, and yet.
The stuff don’t come cheap (and why would it? Organic? Local? Awesome?), but it sure beats the saucy pants off its competitors. Sumptuous to the max! Open Monday through Friday, 3 to 9 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 1 to 9 p.m. Bike delivery daily, 4:30 to 9 p.m.
- Stitches: Stitch it, sew it, craft it
- European Vine Selection: Good wine, good prices, good times
- The Copper Vine: Green thumbers unite at this city gardener’s paradise
- Last Waltz: Artisanal baubles, bangles, britches, and a reference to The Band — BOSS
- Eat Local: Take ‘n’ bake, locavore-style
- Tougo Coffee Co.: Pushin’ the Bean since 2007
- Central Cinema: A Central District second-run, eat-in moviehouse