The Twelve Days of Craftsmas
December 12, 2008
So the economy’s in the pigpen. Gone are the free-wheeling seasonal shopping sprees of yesteryear. For 2-aught-8, it’s a homespun holiday, kitted out with handmade gifts — from decor to delectables — that are not only simple and/or lickety-split quick (read: perfect for the well-intentioned procrastinator in all of us), but also easy on the pocketbook.
That’s right: It’s Fa-la-la-la-la Time at Living Small, and from now until December 24, I’m bringin’ it, Craftsmas-style. Here’s a taste of what’s in store:
- Easy wreaths to make your front door (or favorite wall) look festive.
- A sweet tree skirt — literally — for your faux or factual fir.
- Simple paper ornaments, from teenies to gangly-danglies.
- Clothes-cum-home decor and more!
- Art and desk supplies that scream “too cool for school.”
- Food, food, food. For people. For pets. For nourishment.
Merry Craftsmas, guys and dolls!
Photo: Shauna Alterio’s craft room, featured in ReadyMade magazine, Iss. 36.